Tips for seniors travelling with health concerns
Who doesn’t want to travel and explore new places? You might also be looking forward to spend some good times while travelling. But, one concern that is quite prevalent among senior citizens of age 65 or older, is the health concerns that they have. It is well known that travelling without proper care and planning, while you have some health issues might attract some more serious problems. In this article I am going to share some tips that you can apply and enjoy you travelling without hampering your health and how to get 2019 medicare advantage plans to take with you while you travel.
How travelling is boon for seniors?
It is often said that travelling is the best medicine that you can have to improve your health and thoughts as well. The other vital benefits are:
- Enhances your creativity: when you travel, you come across some strange things that you had never encountered. You may find these things associated with you that encourage you to have disparate ideas about different things. It also improves your thinking capability and broaden your horizon.
- Lowers men risk of death by 21 percent and cause of death by cardiovascular diseases by 32 percent
- Relieves stress and improves your mood.
- Boosts happiness and satisfaction.
- Creates memory for lifetime that you can always remind and enjoy those moments in your mind.
How enjoy travelling even if they have health concerns?
There are some tips that you can implement while planning travel for seniors with health concern:
- Get travel insurance: numerous travel health insurance for seniors are available wherein they get compensated if they get ill or injured during the travel. There also some special travel for seniors health insurance for seniors with unique medical needs. It is one of the most important requirements that one should consider.
- Special travel air services: while booking a ticket you must ask for if they provide caregivers or they have special arrangement for the seniors with special needs.
- Get special certifications for medication if you have narcotic drugs.
- Consult your personal doctors: it can help you in getting some important advices and they will help you with specific care that you need during the travel.
- Have sufficient medication: If seniors are travelling to the remote areas or to the foreign countries, they must have sufficient amount of medications with them. It is possible that the medications are not available to that place with the same brand name. You shouldn’t keep all the medicines at one place. You well understand why it is advised so.
- Ask for special facilities available in hotels for senior citizens
- Avoid junk foods and always drink bottled or boiled water.
- Hire a local guide who speaks your language: it can enhance your travel for seniors experience and also you will find it easy to ask for help if you are in need.
- Get some cash along with cards: cash can be helpful at the places where cards are not accepted but keep cash in limited amount.
- Take proper sleep: not getting proper sleep will yield anxiety. This is because of the hormone ‘Melatonin’ responsible for sleep-wake cycle.
Here in this article we have shared, what are the benefits of travelling and what can be done to improve travel for seniors with health concerns.